Thursday, May 25, 2006

Thursday, May 25, 2006





+


Why preach the gospel when one cannot recommend one’s parish, one’s bishop, the USCCB? Because he that believeth and is baptized shall be saved, but he that believeth not shall be damned. Do I myself believe, whom signs do not follow? Does the Lord work with me, confirming the (not my) word with signs? Maybe my sign is that I have not seen, and yet believe. Amen.


+ +


Last evening we had a salad. The croutons must have been made of rye, since they were dark.

O: Why are the croutons so dark?
ME: Because they’re croutans.

O did not laugh, but she did try not to smile.


+ + +


For several reasons, I may have fewer things to say about the parish in future. If so, the title of this blog will no longer be appropriate and I shall close this diary, possibly on Pentecost.

 

4 Comments:

Blogger Hapamama said...

This blog is interesting to me, I will miss it if it is gone. Thank you for your thoughts!

7:14 PM  
Blogger Leo Wong said...

Thank you, hapamama. Possibly I'll have another blog with a different emphasis. Life is so beautiful and so frightening that one feels that one must witness to it somehow. But blogging is distant praise. God bless you, your husband, your toddler, and the one on the way! Aloha, LW

7:44 PM  
Blogger Hapamama said...

Thank you for the blessings, today more than ever I feel in need of them! Come look at our parish when you have a free moment.

http://www.stjames-cathedral.org/Main.htm

I am glad to hear that your blogging will continue!
Aloha!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Leo Wong said...

Dear hapamama,

Today I went to Mass and prayed for your intentions.

What do you think of your Seattle cathedral? How do you like the sanctuary, tabernacle, chairs, etc. Do people kneel? Our Albany, NY cathedral will be renovated on the same scheme. I am told you have much music, with several choirs. Any Gregorian chant?

Aloha, L

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home