Monday, June 12, 2006

Monday, June 12, 2006

Enjoyed yesterday afternoon visiting our friend Sr. Mary Anne Nelson at Pyramid Lake. On the way we had lunch in Chestertown at the Main Street Ice Cream Parlor. SMAN, M, O, and O’s friend K went kayaking. I read Romans. Afterwards we all sat down with SMAN, who every year after the College of St. Rose ends its spring semester comes up to Pyramid Life Center for a month to establish a garden. The subject of bears came up.

SMAN: I once saw Greeley [SMAN’s cat] hiding under the cabin, and when I turned around and I said, “Yikes! There’s a teenage bear out here!”

ME: I would have said, “Yikes! There’s a teenager out here!”

Only I laughed.


+

I sent a prayer request to the Father Solanus Guild:

His name is Justin.

Crohn's disease
Inflammatory bowel disease
Kidney stones (resulting from prior bowel resections)
Possible adhesions from prior surgery and/or Crohns

And now, most likely, depression. . . . . he is not doing well after getting his hopes up about Georgetown being able to help.

B—

See also From the Friars e-mail.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home