Friday, September 23, 2005

Friday, September 23, 2005

Lord Jesus Christ, who rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still, have mercy on us sinners.

See My Favorite Picture of You.

Gesù, Maria, Padre Pio!

The Son of man must suffer many things. Luke 9:22


ZIZIOULAS: If we wait until Biblical scholars come to an agreement on the relationship between the role of Peter in the New Testament and the primacy exercised by the See of Rome, we may have to postpone the unity of the Church for another millennium, if not infinitely.
“Interview of Ioannis Zizioulas, Metropolitan of Pergamum”, by Gianni Valente



What has happened today that I should remember and shall forget?


I said to myself, “I shall forget this, we shall all forget it; but it will be there. What I have seen is not an illusion. It is the truth”. . . . For one moment I knew that I had seen our true need; and I was afraid that I should forget it and that I should go about framing arguments and agitations and starting schemes of education, when the need was deeper than education. And I became filled with one idea, that I must not forget what I had seen, and that I must do something to remember it.
—John Jay Chapman, “Coatesville”


We are so little able to remember small events that only big events will do.

The Bible, from “In the beginning” to “The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all” occurs daily. Amen.

+


Greeley here for the weekend as SMAN and her music students have their Fall concert at Pyramid Lake. Two years ago we accompanied SMAN. The first night we three shivered as we snuggled together under six or seven layers of wool blankets. Other blankets covered the windows. A small space heater probably did but seemed to do no good in the drafty cabin. The next morning we drove to the Fort Ticonderoga Walmart and bought an electric blanket. The students seemed to suffer (or complain) less, though even in the afternoon their cold fingers made instruments harder to play.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home